Randomly selected things of interest from the weekend, provided mostly without comment:
- How many genetic hybrids are there? E.g. mules and ligers. We note Buzzfeed has a more entertaining list.
- What side of trees does moss grow on? (Spoiler: it isn’t just the north.)
- Narrow and wide family trees, removed cousins, and the like.
- Parc des Buttes Chaumont, Claes Oldenburg’s Buried Bicycle and Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais in Paris
- Cloud Atlas, Parnassus Books, and The Loved One by Evelyn Waugh.
- How we talk (or mostly don’t) about depression and suicide and my ongoing respect for the Williams family’s decision (explained in the link).
- Brokeback Mountain is a short story (that made for a very long film).
- Perfectionism, which ties into anxiety and more. And might be related to memory improvement, at least in that particular discussion.